Wednesday, May 12, 2010

All Things Faerie

Anyone who knows me, will tell you how in love I am with the concept of faeries and the medieval fantasy world. I taught myself how to draw and paint many years ago by studying the art of Miss Amy Brown, and I have been mad about faeries ever since. (God bless my poor husband who puts up with my obsession.)

Since it has always been my dream to have/plan a faerie-themed wedding, I figured that it was only fitting for me to discuss the myriad of possibilities as my first blog post. There is a surprisingly large (and growing!) community of fantasy fanatics out there. You know, the kind who get dressed up to the nines to go to the Renaissance Faire? (I am SO guilty as charged) With the help of the internet, many of these creative people have gotten entrepreneurial, resulting in brides being able to find just about any fantasy item they could dream up.

DRESSES, WINGS, AND ACCESSORIES

There are some fantastic dresses to be found on Etsy.com. Romantic Threads was a seller who really caught my eye:
Rivendell Bridal is also a great site for handmade attire, but they are located in the UK, and so there's always the exchange rate to keep in mind.


However, if you're looking for something a little more designer (and a little less over-the-top), Designers like Vera Wang and Amelia Casablanca have even made their own lines of fairy-tale inspired dresses such as these, inspired by "A Mid-Summer's Night Dream"


If you're thinking wings might be your thing, there are some great wing craftsmen out there as well offering wings from $12.99 (Kohls) and up for the more custom sets. I liked Art of Wings and Enchanted Costumes, who even offers pointed ear tips, if you're feeling adventurous!


However you chose to express your faerie theme- be it full blown, over the top drama, or traditional formal with small hints of magical - remember that the mood you're trying to create should be dreamy, magical, romantic, and delicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment